View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2002, 12:40
FormationFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Um...

RT
~~~~
life stories...on a busy day

Military controllers who insist on using the term 'wait' (standby or hold? it means standby apparrently - they get nervous about heavies on short final for no apparrent reason - good job they dont work at heathrow...)

the call 'finals' - 1. you do it once. 2. RTFM - CAP413 quite clearly states 'Final' - cant understand why its debated when its so clear...

'IMC is a get of of trouble rating' (For those that say this - please read the ANO for once in your lives...) - As an IR rated pilot I find this snobbery intolerable.

Other stuff....
~~~~~~~~~~~
One-up manship and snide remarks/name calling from one fraction of aviation about another i.e. microlighters vs light a/c vs gliders vs airline etc etc vice versa....we are all trained pilots all with a 'right' to fly in the same airspace - it is not the aircraft you fly that makes you a danger - its bad airmanship - and this occurs on ALL sides. Having come from microlights to being a light a/c instructor, still enjoying all forms of aviation I find the coments both puzzling and frustrating - as 95% of these people make these remarks having never experienced these other forms of aviation at all.

lack of female pilots - i would like to see the image of the industry changed to be one of equality rather than its current 'shauvanistic'/male dominated taint - after all Im male and dont want to be tarred with a brush that is not of my chosing...

The fact that as an instructor everyone assumes I am hours building...i may be en-route to the airlines but instructing means far far more than that to me - and to be honest this is the one that hurts me/irritates me the most - I give instructing 110% - I hate having that effort devalued. Yep some may be doing it for the wrong reasons - that doesnt mean we all are...I for one will be instructing for the rest of my life irrespective of the day job...

Yeah...cool..thats off my chest now!

FF