PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 4th Jan 2010, 05:52
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few years back I was involved in a takeover, during which I was essentially told that I had to sign a new contract with my new employer. This contract essentially matched my existing contract, the only difference being that for the first three months, either side could terminate with a weeks notice.

I duly signed it and, once I'd found a new job gave that weeks notice a week before the crucial month end activities, much to their consternation but contracts are a two way street.

So how about if BA issue the 90 day contract termination notice, and then immediately offer existing CC that are not BASSA members, and those that do not want to strike and are willing to accept what has been imposed, a new contract that matches what they are being asked to do now?

If faced with the choice of this contract now, or the certainty of either market rate + 10% or no contract at all, I wonder how many BASSA members would cave in and take what they are offered?

I suspect enough to keep the airline going.

How about it BA? Sorry for the pun, but BA should strike while the iron is hot.