PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 4th Jan 2010, 00:05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Lurker

OK, let's have a debate.
If my employer wishes to change those terms and conditions he must do so in agreement with myself
Your employer offered you the option to agree such changes over the best part of a year! Those that negotiate on your behalf declined to agree such changes. (Indeed arrogantly refused to even listen to the case for change!!) Your employer was then left with no option but to 'impose'! What else could it do?

otherwise my employer is in breach of contract
The High Court will rule whether your employer is in breach of contract, in early February. Why do you need to ballot now?

If myself and my colleagues allow BA to breach our contracts then we lose everything
How so? The only people currently affected are CSDs who are, as we speak, now contributing to the cabin service. The good ones always did. CC have not seen any change to their pay, nor is any reduction proposed!. Unlike others in BA!

if we go and strike and BA come back to the table
It wasn't BA that left the table!!

The worst case scenario is that BA goes under
BA have the firepower to ensure they survive the worst IA their CC can sustain. If this becomes a 'fight to the death' BA will survive, your employment may not.

BA is struggling with 2 things at the moment: First is the 1970s 'throwbacks' in it's ranks, which if left to survive will, in the years to come, signal the death knell of this once fine company.

Secondly, is the continuing cancer of threatened IA, which is indeed preventing the recovery this company desperately requires, by punishing those that pay our wages!

CC were absolutely vilified in the press last month. You would be a fool to think that was due to 'biased media'! The truth hurts, and it hurts nobody more than BASSA!

This dispute seems highly likely to become a 'fight to the death'. That death will be BASSA's. BA have many WMDs yet to be deployed, in it's battle for survival! Sadly, you personally have two choices. Support the strike until the end, and lose your privileged, high paid job, or throw in the towel as soon as you are required to go to work, and keep your fantastic T&Cs?

I'll put money on what you all do. But then you aren't giving us any choice! (WW knows the answer too! Because the issues currently at stake are not worth losing your livelihood for! Any strike will be broken!) You would have to be stupid to risk everything for this!!

Last edited by 4468; 4th Jan 2010 at 00:35.