PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA unrealistic fees?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2010, 23:50
al446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
night flight - Post #15 states he pays £11 p/m. That must mean that his sheme has millions of members for them to so accommodating as to allow the litigant to proceed rather than the trained and experienced lawyer. My union, Unison, would never authorise what TRSS suggests. Indeed the fees paid are not mainly towards members legal fees, costs in successful cases are generally reclaimed from the other side. The main legal cost borne by any union is in taking advice on what can be fought collectively and what cant, this may explain BALPA's apparent inaction on CTC etc, they may have been advised that legally they have no part to play or voice in the matter.

Bruce Wayne - Are you doing a course in TU history at college in preparation for a future career or what? Always handy to have if you loose your licence I suppose. You are however scraping the barrel a touch, even I only recognise Barbara Castle (if it is she) out of that lot. How's about an etching of the chartists or the diggers next?