PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Line training: the debate
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2010, 23:01
BigGrecian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They used to have similar schemes in the USA - then there was a fatal accident.

Due pilot error or not - it was leaked the FO was paying to be in the right hand seat - it is now not "accepted" within the industry that people should pay to do a professionals job which people should be paid for.

It starts and ends with us as pilots. If we say no as a group then they would have to pay pilots. Those who say yes to it ruin terms and conditions for us all, and it is a downwards spiral from there. Terms and conditions will only get worse because of you. If you think you are a professional pilot don't do it - have more self respect. However, nowadays people do not consider pilots professionals, nor do we deserve respect as a profession whilst people carry on doing this.

To stick to the facts I have:
I know lots of pilots who paid for line training - not one flies the type they paid for line training on.
Two ended up paying for a 2nd type rating (once the other airline realised they could rip them off)
Another two know left flying all together.

I deal with hundreds of reference requests a year, those who wait it out have got the better jobs those who pay to work are still stuggling

will he be sitting in the LHS of the 737 in 4 to 5 years? Not a hope in hell!
If he's good enough yes - however there are hundreds of weak pilots out there - more than good ones.

Re Jack Brown's :
Bit jealous actually. I can't be bothered with all the TSA bollocks though.
No TSA required for this, but you technically need a visa.

Last edited by BigGrecian; 3rd Jan 2010 at 23:09. Reason: Keeping it to facts