PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA unrealistic fees?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2010, 17:52
The Real Slim Shady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now then Shandy, for a non-union member you take an unusual interest in the accounts of an organisation you so evidently despise.

Fortunately vast majority of members problems, at least in my company, are sorted long before the lawyers get their greedy hands on the member's shekels.
Of course I take an interest: I like to see where the priorities lie. Fat salaries, company cars,final salary pension schemes - maybe even the BA stalwarts will wake up and smell the coffee. I would like nothing better than to finish them off permanently. I don't just not want them at FR: I want to see them gone.

I always found it unpalatable that when the small minded and small of stature Chris was running the organisation, that he was quite content to take a 38% rise in the year that his precious organisation negotiated a cut for the workers in BM. Before you start on the "it was the CC etc" think on who advised them and ratifiied the deal: BALPA.

Of course the members problems are sorted: BALPA just won't dig into the member's shekels to help them. Legal assistance is NOT an automatic right if you are a BALPA member - read the small print: with my legal insurance, organised by another dis-illusioned former BALPA member, for the princely sum of £11 per month, I get on the spot advice at the end of a phone 24/7 and guaranteed legal costs paid. Who needs a fair weather friend?

Another reason the member's problems are sorted is that the fat cats, senior captains a la easyjet Chairman - are looking after themselves, not the poor downtrodden CTC cadet or expendable FO. How can you possibly sit there at your keyboard and be so patronising and condescending when it is totally transparent that the BALPA chairman and 20% easyjet representation on the NEC are doing nothing, rien, nada, zip, zero to stop or change the rot - because it isn't in THEIR interests to rock the boat. Union - what a joke.

People, glass houses, throwing stones........keep going Barden.

PS your WalMart analogy is quite amusing: I have a very good friend who is an easyjet captain. Last time we had a beer together I took one look at him and completely involuntarily said " F8ck me mate, you look exhausted".

He is: permanently worn out. Not just by stupid scheduling, BALPA CC approved, but by being messed around by crewing, BALPA CC approved, and overwhelmed by trivial emails from management, BALPA CC approved.

You keep your 40 Thieves membership: I'll buy the missus another handbag with what I save by not being a member!

Last edited by The Real Slim Shady; 3rd Jan 2010 at 18:04.