PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jockey to sue wife of Pilot
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2002, 11:12
Stosser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen

When seeking to recover monies against those paid out in the form of a claim, the insurance company must issue proceedings in the name of the insured. I wonder if the jockey has claimed against a personal injury or loss of earnings policy

For example, when my office landlord's contractors inadvertently damaged some property in my office, I claimed and was paid out and the then the insurers appointed lawyers who sought to recover.

However, there was no choice on my part, I had claimed and could not have stopped the insurers recovering even if I had wanted to.

So, although I do not know the facts in this instance, it may well be that a similar circumstance applies here and a man who suffered badly through this deradful crash is now on the end of invective through no fault of this own. I am sure that he wishes that the crash never happened.

The underlying logic here is that insurance covers the insured, but the insurance company is in the business of recovering what it can to offset the claim - that's the way it works.

Last edited by Stosser; 28th Jun 2002 at 11:32.