PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna Citation Bravo and Bell 407 Costs
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2010, 14:05
supermoix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bravo Ops costs

For the bravo, I can recommend for corporate operations flying more than 250 Hrs/Yr. to enroll in Cessna Proparts, It covers every part and avionics but engines for about 400 USD/Hr including taxes. It pays for itself in preventive and unscheduled maintenance, you can budget more precise and when an efis tube goes south, you don't have to tell the boss to write a check for USD 27,000.00 as a nice surprise.

For the engines, Pratt Eagle Servive Plan (ESP) is a very good option, Those 530A's are so reliable you will rarely need unscheduled maintenance if you start with two engines in good condition, but again, murphy's law, if you hit birds and end up with that one-piece fan out of tolerances... big money.

I have calculated for my next year's budget 390 dollars/hour for scheduled maintenance assuming 250 hrs/year just in case (we're far from HSI and TBO). but we're going as predicted with both Proparts and ESP.

Too many variables to take in account... every operator and geographic region will give different numbers. hope it helps.