PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation in Cameroon
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2010, 13:22
Pudknocker127

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JT,

I appreciate your response and input. My wife has relatives living in Yaounde and has indicated they may be of help with connecting to the right people. Probably the adventurer is coming out of me with this line of thinking. Retirement here in the US will require continued work, probably teaching into retirement.

While the avg percapita income in Cameroon is $2,300 a year--one could live rather well there on a retirement check. Understanding there are some voids in infrastructure, medical etc...I know there will be inconveniences by many American's standards. And my wife understands some of the difficulties, but that's another reason to hear it from those familiar with doing business in Africa. She grew up in Paris and only hears these things from relatives.

Establishing business there is only a thought at this time, while I seek helpful input from as many people such as yourself. It might even be that we setup business, allow family to assist and run the business from another location in Western Europe.

Thanks once more.