PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Line training: the debate
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2010, 13:11
Ronand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI aslan, I must say, that I am in a similar position as you are. Frozen ATPL with low hours and no job in seight.
The Situation for us is basically this:
There are no jobs for low hour guys like us at the moment, not even FI jobs.... And the situation is still getting worse. As experienced pilots are still laid off and loads of wannabes are still training to be unemployed.....

A float rating with no hours won't get you anywhere, It might be fun and not even that expensive but it will definately not get you a job for the time being

The deal with T/R and Linetraining is: Anything less than 500 hrs linetraining won't get you anywhere at all. Then even if u get 500hrs on an A320 your chances of finding a job afterwards are still very slim. I would guess arround 5-10%. (And don't even think about doing the cheaper 737 rating, there are tons of jobless people with NG ratings....
Then whey out your chances: Is it wise put 50k on 5-10%? I decided for myself:No
I personally know people who did self sponsored 320 and 737 ratings some of them are starting (waiting to start) Linetraining at the moment. Some of them on 100k debts....

Last edited by Ronand; 3rd Jan 2010 at 13:24.