PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 3rd Jan 2010, 10:55
violator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I can accept that technology will one day be able to carry out most of the tasks involved in getting a passenger aircraft from A to B I don't accept that they will ever become pilotless. The simple reason is security, imagine the mayhem if dedicated terrorists took over a ground control station, either by force or by jamming a ground station with powerful equipment, the resulting carnage would be worse than a world war.
Why would control be centralised, or even based on the ground?

And no one has suggested that they are, only that it seems a lot less likely that people with little or no specific knowledge of medicine would dare to cast aspersions on a medical forum compared to the many, similarly unknowledgeable of aviation, that frequently come to an aviation forum such as PPRuNe for just that malevolent purpose, your post here being a classic example.
There are two differences. Firstly, medicine is a wide-ranging field. Lay people (and even medical professionals) don't have a wide-ranging knowledge of medicine. Aviation, on the other hand, is relatively simple.

Finally, it seems that yet again the assumption is made that if you don't agree with a certain clique here then you're branded as someone 'unknowledgable of aviation' - without even checking if I work in the industry!