PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Censorship
Thread: Censorship
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2002, 09:31
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

These words at the bottom of each page are there because experience shows that, just occasionally, all is not as quite as innocent as it appears and people have their own reasons for wishing to stir up trouble.

We appear to have two 'new' contributors to Rotorheads, 'Captain 2per' and 'copter'. I say 'appear' because 'they' are in fact the same person using different names, and he is not 'new' to PPRuNe. His usual username has been disabled by PPRuNe Admin for reasons entirely unconnected with so-called 'censorship' issues on Rotorheads, and he has now re-registered under new usernames.

Monitoring a forum properly takes a great deal of time - a lot more than I thought when I agreed to take on the job, and even more time when a forum needs building up. Moderators are unpaid volounteers and, just like all the other Mods, I'm happy to give my time. What I am not prepared to do is waste time chasing one disgruntled individual around the forum playing 'Catch me if you can' or other games which seemed great fun when we were children.
He has his own reasons for wishing to undermine the success of this forum, and his efforts may well continue for some time yet. We know from experience he doesn't give up easily!