PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Sponsor Type Rating
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2010, 02:09
747JJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was not really commenting the time on type, I was commenting your post. Regardless what the FAA says and what the total time of someone in the 737-200 is, differences training is still required to operate the NG. A different type of animal. For reference JAA ATPL will also state 737 300-900 but still differences training would be required to operate variants between groups. Again no operator in their right mind would throw a -200 trained pilot in to a -800 even if the respective CAA or FAA would allow that as no insurance company would ever let that slide.

But since you mentioned the JAA wonderkids. Again having both FAA ATP and JAA ATPL in addition to Canadian ATPL with various bizjet and large aircraft types on them as well as actually having flown them. I've had the privilege to fly with excellent FAA licence holders as well as really bad JAA equivalents. Unfortunately these roles have been reversed as well and some of the muppets from western shores of the Atlantic with thousands of hours have been worse than a 300 h pilot with a CPL.

Last edited by 747JJ; 3rd Jan 2010 at 02:23.