PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 3rd Jan 2010, 01:29
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheBeak - NSF is right here. I can assure you that no one is more bothered than I am about what has happened with the Oxford and CTC deals. Behind the scenes, BALPA are on the case - but they are fighting a war on about 6 fronts. They have my unequivocal support over this issue and I will gladly do my bit to fight against this outrageous situation. This is truly the nadir of easyJet behaviour toward their employees and clearly an overt attack on all our futures. I am totally and utterly opposed to what is happening and will do my bit when the time comes - and come it will. How the people who thought these schemes up sleep in their beds at night I do not know. I confess to feeling utterly embarrassed at what is happening here and will take part in any opposition our representatives consider necessary to stop it. My own view is that this must be opposed if we are to remain credible. Regardless of your position on unions and BALPA, this situation surely must ring alarm bells in every single professional pilot. The depths to wish our company is falling simply beggars belief, but that is nonetheless where we are.

My one hope is that our dire Flt Ops Director goes with our CEO - he is a man without a conscience and his continued presence within the organisation has become a source of great discontent to many. I do not expect him to be here next Christmas - nonetheless I fear he may leave with his pockets stuffed with our money and a pile of high value share options. Not bad for one of the key architects of the great fuel hedging catastrophe - who says incompetence does not pay?