PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monitors. 16:10 ratio. Wassat all about?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 18:52
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
You are using the digital output from the graphics card rather than the analogue VGA one aren't you?
Erm, no. I tried VGA just cos the lead was there, but I'm off for a mirror to try to see the back of the card which is somewhat hidden.

Edit: it also has one of the small round plugs that is similar to wife's HP. I took this to be specifically for data transfer to/from video cameras and the like. There is no DVI type plug.

Why not buy something and just use it? It'll cost you a hell of a lot less and save your blood pressure and stomach acid levels.

Exactly the reason I purchased the MB!!! Never, in all my 50 years of doing ALL my own repairs on cars, have I had so much trouble with a vehicle. A 25,000 mile E500 that looks like new, yet behaves like a car with half a million miles on it.

MB, Sony, Samsung. All brand new or nearly new kit. What names can I trust?

Sheesh...I might as well have brought a . . . let me think, something exotic . . . erm, a Porch 928, that'll do it. Just ship my tools over this side of the oggin and I'll be a happy camper again. Tools? Oh, me. Even Hitachi are having their big kit made in China. The floor standing drill press that I have is total tat compared to the post war ? maybe even pre war, Progress No1 that I had in my workshop for 30 years.

Back to graphics cards. I've mentioned before that XP seems to have a Photo Viewer than is much better than Vista or W7's. I find that even PhotoShop is allowing pixellation earlier than on the old XP. This spells out to me that it might be XP's control of the graphics card, rather than the program itself. I'll boot in XP and try to get the monitor going in that to prove the pudding.