PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE - Seeking docs to play "House" for real
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 18:12
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh the poor little girl, bee stings aren't nice for anyone. One question for you Pitts - are the doctors using something like Emla cream or other topical local anaesthetic before they stick needles into her? If they aren't, ask them why not and request that they do so in future. The only excuses for not using it are a known, proven allergy to the constituents or an immediately life-threatening situation where time is of the essence. We used it on babies as young as 24 weeks gestation and sometimes less.
TV, as I said, I should probably have explained myself better. Pitts will tell you that the first thing I said was that he should get an immediate referral to GOSH - that became a little more complicated once I learned of his actual, as opposed to PPRuNe, location, but, as I told him, there is absolutely nothing to stop the doctors in Brazil requesting a referral as Anna-Nicole is a British citizen, born in Britain so there are no costing worries.
Pitts, as in any profession the good practitioners recognise their limitations and shout for help sooner rather than later. I hope things are looking up when you go back on Monday.