PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another good flight with easyJet
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 18:04
DIA74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy & Ryan

I use EZY several times a year and find them okay for short haul. My experience is they have matured over the past several years, especially since absorbing GB.

Before leaving the ground (business or pleasure) my first concerns are that crews are properly trained and speak the same language in case of an emergency, and that the airline has a good engineering back up. I would rather pay more to fly with an airline I feel safe on, even if that means fewer overseas holidays.

My Ryanair experiences have, sadly, been unpleasant at best, worrying at worst. (Once we should have made a missed approach, but the pilot landed, then said "sorry for that landing, but it prevented a delay" - I hoped they had enough time for the brakes to cool on the turn-round. I cannot understand how they are allowed to get away with blatant rip offs, such as wildly inflated card charges. Would you pay that when using your card at Tesco? It also bothers me there are websites featuring Ryanair crew bitching about how they are treated and the corners that are cut. I have not come across similar sites about EZY, BA, CX, VS or KLM (all of which I use).