PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another good flight with easyJet
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 17:47
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Tigh Wire

no back up.,no concern ,not even basic good manners.
I can't agree. I've only had a major delay once on EZY,and that was due to snow, on a flight to BCN where I'd planned to spend the day before flying to MAD for a connection home. They rerouted me to MAD without any argument or extra charge. I accept I was lucky in that they had a flight going there, otherwise I'd have been shafted.

The rise of LO CO has pulled down the standards of all the once good carriers.
I would argue that standards have declined as a result of the tighter margins under which all carriers now operate. That this is partly due to competition from the LOCOs is unquestionable, but the LOCOs have brought much benefit to the consumer as well.

Just as you are happy with LO CO, I was equally happy with the cartel structure. Excellent service, aircraft & properly paid staff, 20 min check in & punctual departure.
So was I, but times have changed and the good days are over. There are far larger numbers of people travelling now (yes you can blame the LOCOs for that) and threats of terrorism which didn't exist 20 years ago, or even 15.

Missed or cancelled? The BA girls were on it in a flash, no problem sir we'll get you there pronto with a competitor if necessary. Meanwhile please accept a Drink/meal /hotac etc while we sort it out.
Depending on the fare you'd paid, but generally, yes, service was better. Sadly, times have changed.

It really saddens me, now retired, to see the depths to which things have sunk. GLA a gulag, PIK a filthy slum. The whole experience is simply horrible, start to finish.
I haven't been to PIK for many years, but my last memory of GLA is that it wasn't that bad. LTN and STN are gulags, staffed by knuckle dragging bullies, but is LHR much better?

Happy new year & best wishes to all in the sunny Cape, wish I was there.
Thank you for your wishes, reciprocated. I also wish I was there, I'm not there right now but have only just got back and will be heading south in a couple of weeks.