PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vista! checkdsk saga
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 17:16
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
When one still had a brain, I would always get to the deepest, most hidden, far-fetched - and dragged all the way back to reality - type answers to problems. Another reason that motivated me was that people used to pay me a lot of money to do this.

Now, when I look at the modern world, I wonder just how people have time to do any work on the machines they master so well.

I've proved that in my 60s, I could teach electrics, engines and flight-systems in a way that would let people really understand them, rather than just be able to jump through hoops with multi-choice box ticking.

However, I always found that I took twice as long to learn things than the average person, so now with a tired old brain, the vase sea of problems that beset the modern user, at my rate, would take longer to master than my projected life-span. And that's a literal statement.

However, I still have the same core interests in these subjects, so there's a mixture of avid detail-seeking and mind-boggling overwhelm-ment.

I'll come back to the forum on the monitor issues, because that may be of interest to others. I did in fact phone B*** B**'s Geek squad about my monitor issues, and they said the it must be faulty, but MS seemingly had a way of 'fixing' it from afar. If I'd not persisted, it would have been lying on the floor with all the other returns. However, there has to be a line drawn, if I'm to write a word of me novel today on this machine that runs so well.