PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Who is flying your airplane?"
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 16:22
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am rather curious to know how many posts on this and similar threads come from fairly well experienced Capts and F/Os who have recently been laid-off or else their airlines have gone bust.

How many of you, one year ago, would absolutely not have been seen dead working for one of the locos?

How many of you out there now find it hard to accept the fact that the locos don't want to know you now that the boot is on the other foot?

It's hard when your company goes bust. I was out of work for over a year when Fred Laker went down the pan. Nobody wanted a qualified DC-10 captain. I sent 316 CVs all over the world during that year and got less than 10 replies and no results.

I know how hard it is to take the fact that nobody wants your expertise now that you have lowered your sights about who you would now be prepared to work for, but that is the way the cookie crumbles I'm afraid.

Let's face it, they know perfectly well that you will be off like a ferret up a drainpipe as soon as the market turns so why should they offer you a job?