PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 14:30
draglift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You wrote:

"I have a minimum of 12 flights planned for this year; fortunately, the first 2 are on BA that will not be affected by the next possible strike. All the others are going to be booked with other airlines for the following reasons. BA is now an unreliable carrier with a low morale workforce. But, more importantly I have doubts about the airline being able to deliver a safe operation and I regret to say that this opinion has been brought about by the selflessness of those employees who are prepared to see disaster strike and have no respect for the authority gradient when at work or the company they work for. How can I be sure that they will do their job in a conscientious and professional manner?"

You are of course fully entitled to your own opinion and to make your own decision.

I think you may be making a big mistake in assessing the airline and its safety on what you read on this forum. The cabin crew are undoubtably militant in defending their terms and conditions but I think when you fly you will find the entire operation including the cabin crew very professional and safe. As a flight crew member I have no animosity towards cabin crew and do not receive any from them. You are seeing some extreme views here and you are perceiving that to be the norm.