PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 13:53
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I read, CC appear to be getting hit the hardest by far, yes I know they have high T+Cs, but other sections appear to getting treated much better with little changes to their deals.
Joetom, not quite correct I'm afraid.

If you listen to BASSA that is the impression you get. However you have to take into account the over the past 10 years or so ALL other departments in BA have rationalised their T's & C's.

Flight crew merged allowances, down route payments, box payments etc. etc. etc. 5 years ago. Ground staff, push back drivers, ground handling staff, baggage staff changed their T's & C's with the move to T5 and the Engineers have had their T's & C's altered beyond all recognition over the past decade.

The only ones who have successfully failed to budge are the CC. Whilst this may be seen as a victory for BASSA it can also be seen as a symptom of weak management. Sadly for BASSA Willie Walsh is anything but weak and wants to redress the balance hence the supposedly 'disproportionate' savings.

It is difficulty for a company to continue to pay 'Central Area Turnaround' payments when the CAT doesn't exist anymore!