PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another good flight with easyJet
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 13:47
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Email doing the rounds promoting easy as a serious business airline. Must be a spoof or at best a bad joke.
Why?

I am never sure why so many people have to knock easyJet. I've been using them for a long time for business and leisure trips and I find they are up to the standards that I require.

They are no less reliable than many of the full service carriers, although I accept if something does go wrong there is often no back up in terms of another aircraft, and no transfer to another carrier. Service on board on a short flight is no worse than FSC carriers and often a lot cheerier, and I don't mind paying for my lunch, or for that matter to check in hold baggage.

Their fare structure is flexible enough for most cases and is a lot more transparent than some of the gobbledygook of the FSCs, who then interpret it the way they want in many cases anyway.

I use them as much as possible because I feel they deserve my patronage, unlike the bloated complacent arrogant likes of BA, and given a choice, even if BA is slightly less, as sometimes happen, I often still use EZY.

We should also not overlook that the likes of easyJet broke the cartels and forced the FSC carriers to adopt a more flexible approach to pricing. Whether you feel that's right or wrong is another matter, but it is a fact.

Also EZY's website is one of the best, although it's become a bit cluttered since they've gone for 'dynamic packaging', but they are not the only ones to have done so.

Last edited by Capetonian; 2nd Jan 2010 at 17:53.