PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 12:31
MarcoB.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAR 1 class denied

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm going to ask you because I can't find a solution out of my problem!! This is my story:
Last september I went to Sweden for the JAR medical examination but unfortunatly I've been rejected due to hypermetropia +4 from my right eye. For this reason I asked a doctor at the swedish CAA if there was something I could do to fix my problem and if there was still a way to become a pilot! He told me about a surgery which substitute the eye lence with a new one.. I didn't quite understand what it was about, but he also said you do that kind of surgery on old people, so I forgot about that. He also said that I could go to the States, get the FAA CPL and after that ask for the JAR 1 class certiticate.. For this reason I decided to get a second opinion and contacted the english CAA. Well, they wrote me that there's nothing I can do, there's no surgery to fix my problem ( which is weird because I asked an oculist here in Italy and he told me that there's this surgery called LASIK , but I'm still too young for it - I'm 19 y.o.- ) and wished me all the best for any career I'll decide to do! WHAT?! I guesss they didn't understand that this is my life! I've been dreaming of this since I was a child and I don't wanna give up! I wrote to the swiss CAA and to a dutch doctor as well and currently I'm waiting for a reply. Therefore I'm asking you!
What can I do??