PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 10:04
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom - you have hit the nail on the head.

As I've said before, I don't understand why UNITE are balloting because:

If BA win the court case - they can't strike.
If UNITE win the court case - they can't strike.

So all this re-ballot will achieve is to alienate us even more, cost us more money, and LOSE CUSTOMERS. You are right - there is a growing group of us that are EXTREMELY CONCERNED about our livelihoods. As I said in an earlier post - If I could go to BA and negotiate a Fixed Monthly Payment I would.

But how do we make the rest of the 14000 cabin crew understand? Many of them don't read ANY of the literature. Some believe that because they belong to the Union, they have to do what the Union wants. You only have to look at the postings of some of the militants on here. While some may come across as intelligent and articulate, they fail to grasp the basic concept that our jobs are under more threat from strike action than from New Fleet. Some of the basics of all this that cabin crew fail to grasp are just incomprehensible to the rest of us. And, regrettably there are many, many like that out there.

If we try and speak out, we are bullied. We cannot put our message on CrewForum - you have to enter your full name and staff number to join, and then if you print something they don't like, not only will you get hounded on the forum, they will ban you. Don't say they won't MissM - they already have!

The message needs to get out there that UNITE has seriously misrepresented us. UNITE are risking our jobs every day they move forward towards another strike. They have so far ACHIEVED NOTHING. Yet they have proved incompetent - the Chairwoman herself LalaLady was illegally encouraging people who had left the company to vote. How can anyone be sure that they are not doing other illegal activities? Why is Lalalady still in power? She has personally brought the entire cabin crew community into disrepute - we cannot even walk outside with our uniforms on without the public looking at us in disgust. Yet still she carries on her devious, underhand and immoral work from her protected pad in Lalaland.

She should resign and hang her in shame. But she hasn't even got the gumption to do that. Well, if she's earning in the region of 75K from Unite to support her Hollywood lifestyle - why would she? The term "illusions of grandeur" has never been so apt.

And, that, dear readers, is what we are up against. This bullying, arrogant, incompetent Union led by a woman who knows no morals, is dragging our company down around us. But many cabin crew are sticking their fingers in their ears saying "BASSA 100%".

I could cry.

I am BA cabin crew, and the above represents my own view, and not that of BA.