PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 09:53
FRying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't fear to protect your T&Cs. This pilot job is very demanding. Eventhough it is despised by several poorly grown directors who only think in terms of figures crunched from an excel spreadsheet. BIG DEAL ! But then they have no idea what they're talking about. I used to be a director myself. That really is no big challenge. I have met with many dumb directors who were there just because they had the right networks. Being a director takes absolutely nothing more than flying an airplane, and very certainly much less. Believe me ! I've seen directors making so much more money than you all for so much less skills.

While some directors (who make outrageous amounts of money for doing nothing outstanding) dream to have you on **** money, you must not feel your job takes less competence than theirs. Everybody here must fight for conditions even if it means crossing a bit of money out of the "take home" in the short run.

Do you people realise what portion of the cost structure our incomes represent, hence a portion of our incomes ? Having pilots 10%, 20% or even 50% paid less would only yield marginally cheaper tickets. This LCC policy has gone too far and it makes no sense anymore.

Not to mention the bleeding of pilots workforce once business kicks back in. What do they think ? Do they believe pilots will forget about the way they've been treated in harsh times ? Pilots will be leaving for greener pastures on the first opportunity, even if they're bonded for many of them. Pilots have always wanted to make more money and always will. Easyjet will then have to produce so much efforts to catch up on the draining workforce this will erase several times the laughable costs cuts made before. Many airlines will thank EZ for taking care of their new pilots during the economic crisis. Now that's a strategy : having a grab on competitors' pilots, cheap to train and expensive for the competitor to replace.

Anyway, fear nothing. Aim at the longer run. Have no hang-ups. Take no bargains for your job is very special. So are your skills. Bind management to have those cadets hired on a fair deal. A finance graduate will make good money and surely would never sign up for such crap contracts.

Be proud !