PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New CEO for Virgin Blue
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2010, 09:00
abc1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear MODERATOR, by moving this thread from the ''outside'' where we could have been perhaps enlightened with first hand knowledge, I suppose you forgot what will happen to it in the hands of the dununda brigade.
If you could return it to where it was originally posted, I would be very much obliged. Thank you.

A. Harrison-great man, he addressed issues that crew were unable to get from the previous postholder, an antipodean with a similar predisposition to that of the current incumbent. I can't see BG, organising roadshows, whilst wearing a cabin crew uniform and listening to people from across the business. He put pen to paper and listened.
He addressed the issues pertaining to flight crew fatigue and approved a roster for maximum crew utilisation whilst addressing fatigue at the same time. It can be done, without aircraft changes, lengthy waits at out-ports in delapated crew rooms and exit rows for positioning crews.Thats right exit rows not just for any crew traveling but especially crew that need to operate straight after a trans-continental duty positioning!

He's downfall was that he wanted to expand at a rate similar to the one that caused the credit crunch, for which the majority shareholder, Stelios, warned of even before anyone even contemplated it, and its risks, and opted for a slower expansion instead. Unlike BG's rhetoric.He was mocked in the media, but not for long, as the same financial editors instead focussed on what they know best- rearview commentary.