PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 1st Jan 2010, 20:27
peterlondon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
traveling feb/march

i just returned from a trip that i booked with another airline because i was unsure about christmas strikes with ba,it was a great service.but i would like to fly ba again, and am about to book two trips for feb and march, it is very off putting to read that crew are planning another strike and that is likely to make me book with ryanair and turkish airlines once more, the food is better on turkish, and ryanair have as nice crew as BA and get you there ontime, but at the end of the day i would like to have a british airways flight ,and support our flag carrier.i really do appreciate comments from slidebustle and glamgirl who are concerned about getting passengers to their destinations after a pleasant flying experience, but after watching an ad for british airways on television tonight i found myself thinking "who would book with them? some of the heathrow crew seem to hate the passengers,(according to the internet, and it may be a vocal minority) but you never know if you will get to your destination with the constant threat of heathrow staff striking over having to work under the same conditions as gatwick staff. so...finally, if you want to keep your jobs with BA, PLEASE STOP THREATENING TO GO ON STRIKE. I dont have an inbuilt resentment of crew, and would be very happy to continue to fly with BA, i work as a prison officer and consider myself far more at risk than some of the crew who post on here, i have had a broken nose and knives waved at me, and probably get paid much less than an old contract heathrow purser. so please, think on, you have a good job and a nice life style and are driving away customers who previously had faith in the ba brand, customers, who, no disrespect work ,as hard, or harder than you,id like to support BA, dont vote to strike again and hit out at customers like me who save our very hard earned cash for a few trips a year. i know there are plenty of helpful and dedicated BA staff, when i board a plane now i am thinking which of these wants to bring company down?