PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United GRU-ORD Divert to MIA to Offload Purser
Old 1st Jan 2010, 20:24
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By Old School Flyer Those of us who made it to the left seat and have coped with a plethora of issues with our carrier, i.e. bankruptcy, lowering of pay, crumbling pensions, greedy CEOs, and hundreds of other negative changes to our profession that would fill this entire forum, is ON TOP OF being a Pilot In Command. You will never be able to comprehend being in charge of and responsible for thousands of lives, multi-million dollar A/C, your crews, or having often, mere minutes to deal with all the issues that can and do arise with the operation of the A/C, WX, the Crew, the PAX and more, unless you have been there.
Says it all, I for one listen to the pilots who can put their career history and make strong points all in one post. I read and take note of what these guys have to say. I dip my hat to Old School Flyer and Rainboe as they have seen it all! These days they are under continuous pressure to be on time, use as little fuel as possible and deal with the traditional holiday period coupled with over stretched ATC delays. I too have read this thread over and over again, and completely agree with what Old School Flyer Rainboe BOAC and the many other pilots who can see why letterman bof and niged have set themselves up for a bit of firm but professional replies all for good reasons.
Again I quote bearfoil:
There is not a hint of anything from the Company, or the crew involved. I expect there will be none. Done, are we?