PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft you love and hate to fly ...
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2010, 20:03
DBTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy New Year folks!

Flown too many to sensibly list and have to say they all have endearing features. I am certainly lucky in that I always wanted to fly jet fighters, and was given the opportunity from an early age, so my stand out favourites are the half a dozen different military fast jets various governments have seen fit to let me blast around in. The most thrilling and exciting were those based on small mobile platforms, but the others were still huge fun and deserving of the "love" title.

In GA, the best so far have certainly been those aircraft I have had the honour of owning.

In amongst it all there have been several historic aircraft which hold a very special place in my heart.

Can't say I ever hated to fly any aircraft. Indeed, I have always considered it an honour and a privilege to fly at all. Something I picked up from my pilot father and other flying gurus was a piece of guidance which, whilst it doesn't instil hatred, does allow quite strong disrespect for bad workmen who blame their tools...