PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew watch
Thread: Aircrew watch
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2010, 19:30
miles offtarget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really grateful for all of the replies to my thread, thanks very much.

Daf Hucker - yes that's exactly the type, hence my huge disapointment in not being able to find another very easily.

I'm not a huge fan of the Pulsar replacement, so I shall try and make do with my 200 rupee Casio from Delhi, or B Word's suggestion, until the new aircrew watch is released, and then try to buy one of those.

I know it's irrational, but I'm still bloody annoyed. That was my last tangible reminder of the ten years, 3500 flying hours, and several friends killed whilst I was in the RAF; plus more importantly I suspect, the main reason that I got so many snogs from girls on the 8 o'clock bus into Doncaster on a Thursday night !

All those memories, and unless I have been targetted by an international gang of flying clothing thieves, I suspect the chap who took it will only get a few quid for it in the pub ! Bast**d.

Cheers guys, and thanks again.

MOT

... Ah, almost forgot to mention ... Pontius, or rather Presumptious Navigator, thanks for the reply; but my issued aircrew watch was PAID FOR as a lost item on leaving the service. What was it called at 6 FTS, personal integrity, ... feel free to PM me an apology old boy !

MOT