PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck visits
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2010, 13:46
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can't mean that!

Yes, the rules are far too draconian. I can't take ATC on look-see trips, no family or other airline colleagues on the FD- it's ridiculous. But this thread has been about the policy of banning general visitors, not colleagues. Most visits were prompted by idle and bored curiousity. I got tired of succumbing to peoples' urges about their curiosity, and I agree, over 90% of visits were a waste of time for people who had absolutely no comprehension of what was going on in any way. That the small percentage of visits for people who really got something out of it is also lost is sad, but necessary.

Normally, a law change allows for fine tuning as experience is gained, and exceptions should be made for military, ATC and staff, but it seems our useless politicians have their ears closed to any suggestions. But as for Joe Public- no, sorry, it is not the right place, and it will never be changed. At the moment, there is a common factor in all the assaults, one religion. Next it will be an ethnic group feeling hard done by, a particular nationality, maybe even crazed greenies! They will launch themselves as predators on the peaceful system of air travel because that gets the big publicity, just like the last set of creeps. That is why the general public ban must stay.