PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helipads, hotels and Others: Requests, Recommendations & Rip-offs
Old 1st Jan 2010, 09:52
cyclic phenomenon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F Word Nominee with farm strip and Arrow Mill

I've been meaning to post an entry for the Pheasant at Keystone for a while. It's just south of the A14 and West of Grafham Water is 200m from a farm strip operated by their landlord. I've been in there for lunch or a pint (of lemonade) several times. Now I see it's overall runner up in this year's best local restaurant on the Tourette's-challenged Gordon Ramsay's F Word, currently showing on Channel 4. Just stick a donation in the box behind the bar. Excellent local-sourced food and even a destination suitable for plank drivers. The only downside is that booking may be a bit tricky for a while due to interest from the TV show.

Also been into the Arrow Mill at Alcester, SW of Stratford on Avon a couple of times. I can't find mention of the Arrow before but apologies if a repeat. Owned by the keen rotarian Dennis Woodhams, helicopters are actively encouraged, and he is an charming and engaging host interested in all aspects of aviation, still owning a Tiger Moth as far as I know, and quite a lot of deliveries for Heli Air to some quite far-flung destinations in his log book.
CP