PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Training
Thread: A320 Training
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2010, 07:09
hongkongfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard rumours from third parties within JQ that a number of pilots who saved money with the foregin type rating have failed line checks in Oz and NZ during 2009.
Yes, a good point to remember is that before the ink has dried on your endorsement you will be required to pass an IR renewal to Jet*/Tiger etc standards, which may or may not be considerably different to the place you did your endo where you are essentially the " customer "

Is the quality of the product between Alteon, AirNZ, Pan Academy and Aeroservices really that different
Yes. ANZ was a lot better than Alteon, I think Alteon's motto is " god helps those who help themselves "

Big problem doing them over seas if getting CASA to put the rating on your licence
A very good point especially if you don't actually have a job offer, in some cases CASA will not endorse your Oz licence if you have zero time in the a/c ( yes I know they are zero time sims, this is a regulatory thing )
If in doubt, ask.

A lot depends on the availability of fixed base trainers, computer based programs (for operation, not just tech) and other stuff.
Good luck achieving the required standard ( if you have no previous glass time ) without good Fixed base trainers/FMGC trainers etc....you will need it !

Thanks,the only problem doing the course outside Australia is the added cost of accomadation,airfares and food
Yep, this can run into 1000s AUD, of course if you don't live in Oz in the same city as the sim, ie from PH and sim in ML, it's going to be almost as expensive

Pan Am - $11950 USD
This sounds too good to be true...so it probably is