PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 1st Jan 2010, 06:45
ExSp33db1rd

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts
Keirhardie - what a sick individual, I'm sorry to even admit that I even took that short amount of my time to react. Goodbye.

Marty-Party - Good points, also ask what other professions demand, with the force of law, that their members effectively sit their Final Exams every 6 months throughout their entire career ? Doctors ? Lawyers ? Architects ? Name one.

Cabin Crew also have their Annual SEP's and checks to pass, how many idiots do you have to deal with in every day life who don't know their own jobs - and can't be sacked !!

Crew, both pilots and cabin crew, are criticised by the public for the time they apparently spend at home. No one sees you reporting for service at 02.00 to keep the travelling public moving around the World.

I was often 'envied' for the time off I 'enjoyed' - which in good times might equate to about the same time at home as away, averaged over a long period. I asked my neighbour what time he went to work ? About 8.00 a.m - and what time did he get home ? around 6.00 pm Christ ! that isn't even half a day ! and he only did it for 5 days then got 2 complete days off ! He was ' at home' a minimum of 4 1/2 days out of every week - how much time to you get 'at home ' ? Work it out.

If the C.C. or in the past, the Public, see you sat on the flight deck in an atmosphere of apparent calm and inactivity - they should be VERY grateful, if they walk in and see you performing like a one-armed paperhanger - which to the ignorant is a measure of productivity - then they should be VERY afraid, 'cos things have gone badly wrong, and only YOU can save them with your professionalism. Ask the pax. on the BA 38, or the ones that, sadly, got their feet a bit damp in the Hudson River.

Best of luck.