PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary 2010 Calendar for Rotorheads Members
Old 31st Dec 2009, 21:08
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ned, any chance to include first 50 replies? :-D
Go on, make my day.
I can only grope the Vertical Mag only so many times till it doesn't give me that 'new' kicks anymore.

As someone said in the past, flying helicopter is the closest to flying magic carpet in real. I've only got 50ish hours from 2008 and sadly have to keep slaving another handful of years till I'm done with training and employable (if powers to be allow me to get at least instructor job).

Flying low level, hovering around, all the variety of jobs done with heli as future prospects should I be healthy and alive to get to do them.
Real hands on flying, unlike the holy grail of all those crazy wannabes wishing to be in the front of 737/320/777/747 etc.
I do want to do some airplane bush flying, seaplane flying.

I love gliding, but flying helicopter is the ultimate bush flying, hands on, varied, rewarding, international in the nature. Something those only walking or driving cannot understand. Also proper career, unlike gliding.
Cool to some, yes.
"Getting there being from ordinary family without fortunes and big loan options"? NOT COOL. I hope to finish up by 2012. NYE resolution - work towards my goals even harder.

Martin

EDIT: YEAAAAH!
Just read previous posts. Superb. I hope I don't have to send you my credit card details for verification purposes

Last edited by MartinCh; 31st Dec 2009 at 21:20.