PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 31st Dec 2009, 20:28
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A4

Thank you, A4

You've summed it all up nicely.

It really is as simple as that ..... but the die-hards and uninformed just refuse to see it. Unfortunately, they risk EVERYTHING, for ALL OF US. It's very sad, and likely to get sadder in the coming weeks.

I can't claim sanity, can just about recall innocence. As to being powerless ..... watch this space ......

HNY

TorC

Originally Posted by A4
As a totally unconnected outsider - but in the business - I find this debate fascinating.

There seems to be a lot of talk about reducing T&C's but, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't this only apply to new joiners? Existing staff will NOT receive less £ each month but will have to work a bit harder, with the required crew reduction coming through from voluntary redundancies?

Some of the views on here are astonishing. Let me think - keep my current pay or have no job...... in a recession...... with airlines going bust every few weeks...... with our core customers (North Atlantic Financiers) not flying and likely to be leaving the UK in droves due to bonus tax...... the company losing £1.5m per day Tough decision guys

I feel sorry for the sane, powerless innocents caught up in the possible consequences of this.

I have to confess to a morbid fascination in waiting to see how this plays out. It's like a good thriller - just unfortunately this is deadly serious.

Happy New Year to most of you and to the others.

A4