PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE - Seeking docs to play "House" for real
Old 31st Dec 2009, 17:39
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Shawn, thanks for the PM.

Carrots. When I mentioned this to my wife, she recalled a case of a guy that went orange and became extremely ill.

What the mechanism of this illness was she doesn't know.

She's a vegetarian health-food fanatic, and tries to filter out the nonsense when reading these things. This item was from a considerable time ago, but she recalled that it was far from an isolated case.

I would be a little cautious about the sudden removal of betacaratine going in, but I'd feel happier to have it instantly withdrawn than carry on with too much.

Quite what connection there might be to the prime issue I'm not clear about, but it is a matter of, as I said, removing variables. There is just a chance that the carrots are making her ill in other ways.

During this next period, I would wash her without ANY soaps. Don't allow anything to contaminate the utensils. I say this with a certain passion. In my dotage, I've become profoundly allergic to some soaps/washing up liquids. The symptoms extend way beyond swollen red hands. I become 'globally' affected with a multiplicity of symptoms. Again, just one more thing to get out of the equation.

I'm putting feelers out for more information. Despite the fact that there are some good people on this forum, your logic is sound: Just somewhere, there might be someone that has heard of an exact same set of symptoms.