PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2009, 17:21
tartan 201

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair one would guess would be paying what for them would be a premium to be in EDI. Amusing in that they bleat and squeal about charges in many places, but when it suits them they quietly pay. I doubt that they would be willing to pay a premium at GLA when they don't need to because they fly from PIK. Hence they would seek large reductions in charges, so why would BA, BMI, Easyjet, Flybe et all, sit and watch that happen ?
PIK3141 - I think you're spot-on based on page 51 of this in which Ryanair states "essentially BAA offered us [FR] the same deal at Glasgow International that we have negotiated in Edinburgh, which we would not regard as successful at all". From that we can conclude:
a) they pay a relatively (for them) high charge at Edinburgh, which they're presumably happy to do based in part on the higher yields on offer there given its strength as an inbound tourist destination.
b) that same deal's on offer at Glasgow, but that's not attractive enough to them and so a greater discount would be required to entice them. Doing so would lead to the issues with Easyjet etc to which you refer.

Ryanair are building an extension to the existing hanagar or a complete new hangar at PIK. The job of constuction site manager for hangar was advertised and closed 2 weeks ago. The extension is a new bay for 3rd aircraft to park nose in, currently the hangar has space for 2 nose in.
Apron Alpha - do you have a link to this advertisement by any chance? I can find this job advert for a construction site manager for new Ryanair hangars, but it doesn't say where the job's to be located. It merely says "Presently we have 3 facilities Dublin, Stansted and Glasgow Prestwick, due to the requirement for increased hangar capacity, Ryanair are in the process of choosing several sites throughout Europe to build hangars on a D&B process to fulfil this increase." Is it certain that Prestwick is to be one of these sites? Talking of hangars any prospect of a new tenant for the old Polar Hangar?