PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Tail Strike at Dublin Sept 11
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2009, 16:58
graviton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The commander in the event raised in this thread had in excess of 10,000 hours, doubtlessly gained over many years, so the point you were making was …?

“…the experience and ability shown by captain Sully and his crew on US air flight 1549,should be the norm not the exception…”

Unfortunately one cannot get Captain Sully’s experience without starting with none. He once flew with only 200 hours and little experience, perhaps he should have been stopped there and then!

I have not had the pleasure of seeing pictures of the cabin crew to whom you refer, but have witnessed cabin crew from many airlines including Ryanair. I have noticed little difference in their apparent ability with regard to “restling a potential bomber to the ground”. However I’m pleased to admit that I have never seen it put to the test.

I stand to be corrected, but I assume from your location that your knowledge of Easyjet and Ryanair has largely been gained from this website. Here there is an abundance of opinion, a scarcity of facts and an opportunity to hide behind anonymity whilst grinding an axe

A little more research into facts may allay some of your fears.