PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 31st Dec 2009, 16:43
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pvmw

....and therein lies the crux of the problem. MissM thinks that BASSA should run BA, and the rest of the world think that is the purpose and responsibility of BA management.
I don't think BASSA should run BA but they should have an influence in our operation and conditions. As somebody mentioned a union is there for its members and to make sure they are treated fairly and work under good conditions.

You have terms and conditions far in excess of almost any other group of workers, yet you just whinge interminably about how hard you are done by.
Terms and conditions which I, and everyone else, were recruited to work along. Our union has fought very hard for these and once you start giving any of them up you won't get them back. Simple logics.

Dawdler

Many companies are seriously damaged during recession, some cease to exist at all. Carried to it's (il)logical conclusion, it seems that your determination to preserve your current status will be at the cost of jobs of other employees (not just in BA) who rely on the business that BA creates. Not counting your own of course.
BASSA is willing to negotiate and they have been for almost a year!

As I said a couple of days I would want BA and BASSA to come to an agreement today if possible. Do you think any of us find this dispute amusing?