PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 31st Dec 2009, 16:22
7Heroes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would hazzard a guess that the majority of part time cc (on 33%,50% or 75%) have partners who work.To them BA is not the main salary and thus they wouldn`t give a stuff if the airline went bust.My next door neighbour is a long haul purser (part time) and if she gets a trip she doesn`t like she just doesn`t do it.They have no thought for the people they inconcience whether colleagues or passengers.As she says she just does the job to get away from her kids ,sit on the beach and get paid to do it . She must hate the job as she is always complaining about the passengers.
This is the mentality that BA has to deal with.A shocking sickness record(still) especially amongst part time crew.Whether this boil can ever be lanced I don`t know but now has to be the opportunity.
I have just read the above post after submitting mine and confirms what I thought.These people just don`t care.And their animosity and loathing towards pilots is unbelievable.