PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Air Force Club
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2009, 15:51
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have used the club regularly over the years and only had a total failure once and was given a room in an adjacent club on another occasion. There is a technique, admittedly easier in certain jobs or if you are retired.

You can book the Club at no cost months in advance. It used to be 3 but I believe that is now unlimited. You can then cancel at a few hours notice at no cost. Now that is where the 'can't get a reservation' kicks in.

It is very convenient for visiting Buck House - mother-in-law makes her annual pilgrimage. It is convenient for Chelsea too although more expensive on members day .

It is also useful as a drop in and meeting place - I use the showers most visits. It also has a free internet service. Afternoon tea is good value. I also use the discounted parking at the Mayfair Car Park - it is outside the congestion zone, reasonable for central London and easy to use.

And this year we discovered that breakfast is free for overnight stays in August.