PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 31st Dec 2009, 14:11
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissM

As I have pointed out, I don't care whether I come through as selfish, complacent or any other appropiate adjective. I'm anything but lazy because if you cared to read what I have written you would see that I don't mind helping out every now and then but when it's becoming a habit I do mind.
Its called productivity. Pilots agreed (odd word that, it comes from when a Union is prepared to NEGOTIATE with the company instead of attacking it) to increase productivity to allow the voluntary redundancies. I believe almost 1000 cabin crew took VR thus requiring the imposition, as BASSA couldn't negotiate its way out of an open paper bag, of increased productivity from fewer CC members.

Your mindset of 'I rule my little world and the rest of you can take a running jump if you think I'm going to help you' is symptomatic of the current plight BASSA find itself in.

Good luck in finding another job that pays as well for so little work and allows you the luxury of bidding for part time at 75%, a position that requires the company to employ 5 people instead of 4 to get the work donw and thus incurring, for each four 75% employees, extra NI contributions, extra training costs and extra uniform costs, all to keep you in the lifestyle to which you've become accustomed.

Remember, the customer comes first. The company MUST reorganise to survive into the future, the pain must be taken now and then services tweaked to provide the customer with a better service in the future.

IF BA goes down, and it very well could, like Brasilia and Alitalia, they will, probably, restart with a new AOC, new contracts and the ability to hire only those whom they wish to retain. As almost ALL OTHER DEPARTMENTS have agreed cost savings and are delivering, I wonder where the axe would fall? Bear in mind that flight crew are currently well under the bar of average earning for comparable airlines within Europe, quite a long way under in fact. Just look at Lufthansa, Air France, Iberia and KLM for starters.

Just something to ponder on.