PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's good someone was awake.
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2009, 22:38
Dick N. Cider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does this have to be a pitched battle between ATC and pilots? When there's a prang there are mostly voices urging caution and "Wait until we have more facts" etc.

It looks like something has gone wrong - well duh. Just culture is not about patting someone on the head if they are culpable but ensuring that there is fair treatment. If there was an honest mistake then work to prevent repeat occurrences. If it was a deliberate attempt to put 2 together or criminal negligence then that has its own path. As I said before people make mistakes. That may be the case here. Equally it may be something else. Anyone who's had even a passing brush with Reason would know that it's rarely a single error that leads to an accident or incident.

For the bush lawyers to sit here arguing the merits of immediate procedural change is quite simply bullsh!t. Start a new procedural change thread. When the facts are known about this then cite it as appropriate evidence if that's the way it pans out.

As for industrial matters - issues in the workplace that affect operations are safety issues. Believe it or not a safety concern raised is not always about more money. Unions are active in OH&S because their charter is to represent their members.

Is any of this relevant to the actual incident? Bugg@red if I know - nor does anyone else out there unless one of the investigators is posting. I do know that there is a full investigation under way and I await the EVIDENCE.