PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2009, 22:29
cornishsimon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well lets just see what the new year brings as things pick up in the world economy.

i wouldnt be too surprised to see SZ expand the current fleet and route offering, perhaps a couple of extra dash's and i could see a year round route to Germany, Paris and Amsterdam operating NQY-PLH-xxx and i cant see any reason why if FR dont come back on the STN route why SZ couldnt pick it up.

EW- will be back for summer 2010 to operate for Lufthansa to DUS and i wouldnt be too surprised to see the frequency increased and maybe FRA added in due course as Cornwall is a popular destination for German visitors.

BE- well who knows, the one nightstopping aircraft will operate LGW x3 daily and EDI daily

everything at WW is up in the air currently so i wouldnt expect to see too much extra from them.

i expect that at some stage we could see INV, ABZ and BHX from either SZ or BE but like i say it will depend on the financial situation!

Cargo and maybe some aircraft support work could well help with movements in the long term, i know currently the airfield is used to store several aircraft. i dont honestly think that things at NQY are quite as bad as people are making out!

CS