PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 30th Dec 2009, 20:15
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wobbler

I don't doubt for a second that other employees in BA see this imposition as reasonable and usually because they have really no idea what they are talking about. It would be the same if I said that we only need one pilot because aircraft are so modern these days that they can take off and land on their own. Why do we need so many CSA when there are self service kiosks at the airport? Why do we need so many managers because they don't care a bit and are nothing but a bunch of attendance clerks?

Of course passengers are upset when crew threaten to strike. People rely to fly all around the year and no time would be a good time for a strike because there would be very little support as people would need to get wherever they're travelling to.

Did BASSA consult its members before suggesting a pay cut? No, you know that's a rhetorical question and you don't need me to answer it for you.

This imposition is worth £40 million and BA has only done this because it's apparently non-contractual. Otherwise they'd probably done more. BA wants at least another £100 million. Where do you think they will get those savings from? This ballot was not, and will not be, about New Fleet. We can sort that out. If that was it maybe it would be more bearable to deal with but BA wants a lot more from IFCE. This is ONLY the beginning and it's sad that some can't seem to understand that. Once this imposition is over they will be coming back for me. We all know what BA thinks of its cabin crew. We are overpaid and expensive and our management does a very good giving us the feeling that we are a nothing but a burden. I did an IT course earlier this year and those people did a very good job pointing out how cheap LGW is and how things would be better if both EF and WW were as good and cheap as them or Emirates.

I won't deny recession. I won't deny BA is having a tough time. But, times will get better and BA will ride out the storm.

To bring BA down would of course not benefit anyone but I would rather see the company go bust than letting WW (and BF) get their wish come through with what they are trying to do. And, that's not only the imposition.