PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE - Seeking docs to play "House" for real
Old 30th Dec 2009, 19:12
Pitts2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks very much to everyone for the help so far.

We brought Anna-Nicole home until Monday after another transfusion today (and one yesterday). She's doing fine and shouting up a storm downstairs with Grandma right now.

We're no closer to a solution to the mystery, though, and we're bringing her back for a checkup on Monday, when I fully anticipate we'll need to give her another transfusion.

Test for parvo is still pending, as are the full results of the bone marrow sample. Both expected next week.

As an added bit of data, bilirubin numbers quoted to me today were:
Indirect-unconjugated = 1.3
Direct - conjugated = .2

No real idea what that means but I'm told it's normal and doesn't lead us to a solution.

Initial bone marrow results show she's making cells but next question is whether those cells are making it out of the bone and into the bloodstream. Full results next week should tell us that, apparently.

Until then, I'm staying on freq here and continuing to find as many medical minds as I can to lead us to a solution. Someone, somewhere has seen this before. We just need to find that person. It's a "six degrees of separation" kind of a thing, I'm sure.

Shawn