PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbinlight airborne searchlight
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2009, 18:58
brook creek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Photobucket photo Turbinlite Havoc

The Photobucket photo of the Turbinlite Havoc was in my father's files, which my mother retained after his death and subsequently passed to me. It has been in my files for several years.

The photo was on display in our home when I grew up but I never knew who the other gentlemen were until I asked my Mum a couple of years ago. She had a great memory right up until her death last August and she rattled the names off without hesitation. I expect that Mum had met some or all them as she and Dad got married in 1942. From other web info regarding the Turbinlite Havoc, the photo may have been taken in 1941.

The "boffins" are, from left to right: R.W. "Dick" Becker (my father), David Roberts, "Baron" Baynes (the real boffin) and Bruce Benson.

My apologies, the Turbinlite overview that I have appears to be part of a larger document that included the Mosquito Turbinlite. I can scan and post if anyone would care to read it.

I request that appropriate attribution be given if you use these items. Thank you.

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year.