PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who has decided to give up recently, and how much money have you wasted?
Old 30th Dec 2009, 14:13
747TDR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come over to SA and experience real life!

Every day there is at least one post in one section or another about a European (mainly British) pilot who feels hard done by the system and decides to head over to South Africa, Botswana or Namibia to put daddy's money to good use.

He then takes a job that local pilots have worked their rear ends off for (some 1000hrs+ and turbine experience) and he feels like the cat that got the cream.

Generally he has come through one of the integrated courses at a 'fine' institution, believing every lie they fed him, spent most of daddy's money, then fell flat on his face after qualification.

I started training for my CPL/ME IR during the recession, but do I regret it? No ways. I have that little blue book and 3 stripes that I've worked hard for for the past 7 years!

My advice to the integrated whingers? Be grateful for what you have been given and have achieved, sit tight, and most of all don't come over here and steal our jobs!

747TDR
Deepest Darkest Africa